Italy bans public funeral for Camorra’s first clan chief

Private burial, on Saturday, for Assunta “Pupetta” Maresca, the first lady of the chamber, who died three days ago, at the age of 86, at Castellammare di Stabia – Naples.

Her connection with the Camorra, after she became famous when she shot dead her husband’s killer and then threatened Raffaele Cutolo, the founder of the “Nuova Camorra Organizzata” – prompted the Prefecture and the Police to prevent the public ceremony.

The funeral, which was to take place on Saturday in the parish church of St. Anthony of Padua, has therefore been banned. The wreaths placed in front of the church were removed and taken to the cemetery, where the priest who was to officiate the service could only give a blessing, according to La Stampa.

Actress, singer and winner of a miss title in her youth, she became pregnant and married Pascalone ‘e Nola. She became a widow a few months after her wedding. When she was expecting her first child, she committed the crime for which she was sentenced to 13 years and 4 months in prison. He was only 20 years old.

Years later, she had a romantic relationship with Chief Umberto Ammaturo and gave birth to twins Roberto and Antonella. Her first son, Pasqualino, died at just 17 years old.

A life that caused scandals, inspired movies and caused tears ended in silence.

For the most important news of the day, broadcast in real time and presented equidistantly, LIKE our Facebook page!

Follow Mediafax on Instagram to see spectacular images and stories from around the world!

The content of the website is intended exclusively for your personal information and use. It is prohibited republishing the content of this site in the absence of an agreement from MEDIAFAX. To obtain this agreement, please contact us at [email protected]


Italy bans public funeral Camorras clan chief

For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News

PREV In Vienna, 40,000 people protested against the restrictions
NEXT World: The killers of the black boy shot while jogging were sentenced to life in prison