● Another drama in showbiz! Marcela Fota’s tragedy is repeated. Another popular music artist lost her boyfriend in the same way. The man died in her arms, right after Christmas!
● The shocking detail observed by Marina Almasan at the head of Victor Socaciu
● See how you can pay less on your electricity and gas bill! Find out the lowest offer on the market!
The circumcision of the body of the Lord; St. Ier. Basil the Great, Archbishop of Caesarea Cappadocia, and his mother, St. Emilia (New Year. Tedeum. Maps)
Circumcision of Our Lord Jesus Christ. St. Basil the Great. Civil New Year. Te Deum
St. Mary, the Mother of God
Fer. Marian, pr. m.
The circumcision of the Body of Christ, when he was given the name of Jesus, on the eighth day after his birth, is celebrated by the Church on January 1.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, received the circumcision, an act that confirms the covenant of the people of Israel with God, on the one hand, to fulfill the law, as the Savior Himself says in the Gospel: “I have not come to break the law, but to fulfill it.” , and on the other hand, to show without denying that he has taken on the true body, and that the unbelievers should have no reason to claim that Christ with deceit was born.
“If he was not a fleshly body, whom did Joseph cut off? He that was of the flesh was circumcised, like a man, and his blood was reddened like a man’s son, the fall of human nature “. (Saint Ephrem the Syrian – The Lives of the Saints)
The Mother of God and the Law of Joseph fulfilled the Old Law, which said that every male child should be circumcised on the eighth day of birth, to separate himself from the heathen nations, and to sanctify the covenant with God: And ye shall keep my covenant, and your covenant between me and you and thy seed after thee in their generations: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations. cut it off, and this will be the sign of the covenant between Me and you. ” (Genesis; chapters 17-9, 10, 11)
* Holy Hierarch Basil the Great, Archbishop of Caesarea Cappadocia.
He was born in Caesarea in Cappadocia, into a noble family, which gave the Church famous ministers and scholars, some of whom were among the saints.
He had four brothers and a sister, Saint Pious Macrina, celebrated on July 19. Peter, his older brother, was bishop of Sevastia, Gregory was bishop of Nissa, and Navratia was a hermit and miracle worker.
He studied in Caesarea, Constantinople, and Athens, where he became close friends with St. Gregory of Nazianzus.
From Athens, St. Basil returned to Caesarea where he founded a school of rhetoric. In the following years he made a long journey to all the monasteries in Egypt, Palestine, and Sinai, worshiped at the Lord’s Tomb, and was baptized in the Jordan River, as was the custom in the early Christian centuries.
When he returned to Caesarea in Cappadocia, St. Basil was ordained a priest by the bishop of Caesarea, Hermogenes, and retired to a monastery in Pontus, where he led a life of asceticism and prayer.
After a while, coming back to Caesarea in Cappadocia, he was ordained bishop.
In this capacity he began a pastoral career which he dedicated especially to the needy, organizing the famous asylums, hospitals and homes for the re-education of the morally fallen, all grouped under the name of “Vasiliade”.
St. Basil has shown himself to be a true pillar of the Church, being a reference name in the history of universal Christianity.
His writings contain dogmatic works: “Against Eunomius” or “On the Holy Spirit,” ascetic works, “Rules of Monastic Life,” “On God’s Judgment,” comments, “Homilies on Hexameron,” numerous speeches and epistles. He composed a Holy Liturgy bearing his name and the Molitfele of Saint Basil the Great. He left this world at the age of 45 (333-378), pastoring the Church of God for 8 years, 6 months, and 16 days.
● LAST HOUR! Tragedies are chained! According to Victor Socaciu, he is now dead too! He was only 43 years old
● The sad news of the day! A great Romanian actor DIED, and Oana Sîrbu made the painful announcement: “I love you, everyone loves you. If you still had a little patience… “The sequel is heartbreaking!
● Everything has been revealed! Did you get vaccinated? Unknown information about Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine
● LAST MINUTE transfer to FCSB. Becali’s surprise for the new year for Toni Petrea. The red-blues have taken a forward attack